With the onset of the digital age, there are some people who are convinced that the day of the business card is coming to an end.
Well I beg to differ as here at PrintRepublic, we believe that the tried and trusted, simplest of all marketing tools still has plenty of life in it! But to still squeeze every bit of value you can from your UK business cards, there are a few essential tips to take into consideration…. and as a big advocate of using business cards, I feel it is nothing less than my duty to tell them to you 🙂
So here goes… Here are 10 helpful business card tips for both the large and small business owner:
- A quality business card should be used than more than just a simple list of your contact details. Why not communicate and connect by using a creative, catchy tag line.
- Consider ordering a good stock of business cards as you will get a much better value price on a higher quantity so it means you can use them in marketing letters or maybe send them out with invoices or products you sell.
- Please don’t settle for using clip art for your company logo as it’s so quick and easy to get a professional logo professionally designed that is unique to your company.
- Be sure to include your company’s URL on your uk business cards. The absence of a web address may cause you to lose credibility in a flash!
- Make sure all your information is up to date. Ever been given a business card with some information crossed out…. it’s not a good look is it!
- Make sure the information on your business card is clear, simple and easy to read. If you have your USP or a strapline don’t let it confuse and make your business card too busy!
- Go standard on the size! At PrintRepublic, limit your business card to the standard size of 55x85mm. There is the option to go slightly smaller but it does make your business cards look slightly insignificant then but if you go larger they don’t fit into a wallet or a business card holder!
- A business card represents you, your business and therefore must show you in the same tone. Don’t be too flashy if you are in professional services and don’t look cheap if you sell a high end luxury product or service.
- Make your brand stand out! It would be nice if we could expect our prospects and clients to study all the marketing literature we give them in great detail. The truth of it is, they simply don’t! So please don’t make it too hard for someone you give your business card to find out who you are and who your company is! Make it hit them between the eyes!!
- Lastly but definitely not least…. don’t run out of business cards! Make sure you have a good supply on you at all times so if you have a chance meeting or you happen to bump into someone unexpectedly, you can at least give them all your contact details very quickly and easily!
I hope these business card ideas help…. most important in any form of business success is to take action and stop putting off one of those boring jobs that you have been meaning to get done!
You can of course use a graphic designer to create some business card artwork but if you don’t have the budget to do this or you want to make an urgent order, then PrintRepublic is a UK business card printer where you can choose free business card design templates that you can personalise online.
It is becoming more and more popular to use e-commerce stores to order almost any product and service and it is no different when you want to order UK business cards online.